What to Expect on Your Initial Visit
We want you to feel comfortable with our dental professionals; after all, you are trusting us with your health. We, at Dr. Jacob Stein’s office, will treat you like family when you come to our relaxed, unhurried office. We strive to offer every patient:
- a comfortable environment throughout the office
- personal attention
- open communication about your concerns
- clear explanation of all procedures, any diagnoses, and treatment options
- gentle but thorough and effective treatment
Which Procedures Should You be Prepared For?
When you schedule your initial visit with Dr. Stein, please make sure to inform us of any medical or dental conditions that may be of concern, including all medications. You should be prepared for a thorough examination of your dental and oral structures, an oral cancer screening, creation of periodontal records, and intra-oral pictures. A hygiene appointment will be scheduled for your comprehensive teeth cleaning.
- First, Dr. Stein will conduct a visual check of your face and neck, looking for any abnormalities.
- Next is a check of the soft structures inside your mouth-lips, gums, tongue, palate and cheeks will inspected for discolorations or ulcers. You should also expect oral cancer screening and a check of your bite and jaw joint.
- Examination of your gums and jawbone for signs of gingivitis, gum, or bone disease will follow. This is important, as the health of these structures is essential for good dental health.
- Finally, Dr. Stein will turn his attention to your teeth, checking for cavities or other problems. Be sure to bring any concerns to Dr. Stein’s attention, too, so that you and he can talk about what, if any, treatment is indicated.
If you have current x-rays, you will be asked to bring them to your appointment; otherwise, you may be asked to have them made at this appointment. X-rays provide a look at the oral structures that is not available with the naked eye. The structures of the teeth roots and jawbones is revealed in detail, which makes for a very helpful diagnostic tool. Areas of decay that are hard to spot during a visual exam may also be revealed. An initial x-ray also plays the important role of providing a benchmark image of your oral structures that can be used for comparison in the future, to identify bone loss or shifting of teeth, for example.
When your exam is complete, Dr. Stein will discuss any conditions or problems that require attention. A personalized treatment plan will be created. As many dental problems can be addressed in more than one manner, Dr. Stein will discuss your various treatment options with you. This is so that you can make an informed choice regarding your treatment plan. In emergency situations, treatment may be possible on the same day.
To save time during your office visit, these forms are available for you to download prior to your appointment. Please complete these forms and bring them with you when you come for your dental visit.
All payments are due when services are rendered. We accept cash, personal checks, all major credit cards, and many insurance plans. If you have questions about your insurance coverage, please call the office for information. While we will file claims and do our best to help you maximize your insurance benefits, please understand that your insurance policy is an agreement between you and your insurance company.
Why wait to get started toward better oral health? Call Dr. Jacob Stein at (508) 393-8589 or request an appointment here today. We look forward to hearing from you!